Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Beginning

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

     
     Is this person really using "leetspeak" for their blog name? Yes! Does that mean you're some kind of hacker or something? Not even a little bit! I have no hacking abilities whatsoever. So why would you use "R4tional1ty" as your blog name? The answer to that is fairly straight-forward. No, I am not trying to be "badass", I just felt it was a moderately clever way to demonstrate the type of stuff people can read here. Yes, it is kind of a play-off of the whole "F4tal1ty" franchise, of which I have no affiliation to.



     First, I wanted this blog to reflect my varied interests. One of those primary interests is video games, specifically computer games. I would like to use this as a place to share my thoughts on computer games I am playing from time to time. The other primary interest driving the name of this blog is politics; American politics! I would also like to discuss the current political atmosphere in the United States, because I feel there is a major deficiency of rationality and pragmatism. I aim to fill that void in whatever way I can. Of course I may also insert a post here or there about other things like cars, movies, television shows, sports, anything really!

Assassin's Creed 3 artwork. (Not mine)
     It will be an interesting task to try to discuss things as trivial as video games and as important as politics in the same blog, but this is what I am about! Now, since I anticipate more hate from people about my writings on politics I will give a limited background about myself. Why limited? Because I have no idea who is reading this! While I'm sure there are some capable people out there who could figure out who I am, I would rather maintain a little ambiguity for the folks who can't (no, that's not a challenge).

     I was born and raised in the United States. I have a Bachelors Degree from a school which ranks among the top 100 national schools according to U.S. News and World Report. I majored in Political Science and minored in Law. So yes, I can speak with a little authority in the realm of politics. As for computer games, well I have been playing them since 1997. I have played shooting games from Counter Strike to Call of Duty, Role Playing games from Mario to Mass Effect and MMO's from Phantasy Star Online to World of Warcraft. I genuinely enjoy all kinds of games. 

     So, as I said, I'll be posting about all kinds of things from American politics/international relations, video games, cars, sports, TV, movies, food, really anything that strikes my fancy at the time! So stay tuned for more! And with that... For Pony!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment